The S.C. Lay School of Theology is for lay persons who wish to:
1. Participate in an in-depth study of the Bible, Theology, or Church History.
2. Be trained as a Commissioned Ruling Elder.
3. Better prepare themselves to teach the Bible or Church School.
4. Serve as Directors of Christian Education.
5. Be certified by the Association of Presbyterian Administrators.
Lay School is held over a weekend at Presbyterian College twice a year. The school has two tracks. The Lay Pastor (LP) Track is for ruling elders who would like to become eligible for lay preaching. The Lay Enrichment (LE) Track is for any Presbyterian who wishes to learn more about theology, polity, Bible, Church History, etc.