What do you do when you can’t pass the offering plate? Generosity in Uncertain Times
Thursday April 16, 12:00 – 1:30
The COVID-19 has changed our day to day lives in so many ways. We are finding new ways to function as God’s gathered people.
You are invited to a town-hall style conversation for Pastors, Clerks, Elders, and other church leaders to talk about how we nurture a culture of generosity when we in the midst of economic challenges.
Topics to be discussed:
- Engaging conversation about generosity in time of crises.
- Messaging: Where & how to message without offertory.
- Giving Tools during a time of socially distance.
- Best Practices during this time (picking up mail, counting funds, payroll, etc.).
- Communication practices (Appreciation, and ministry connections).
- Kind Words and opportunities for the anxious who may not be financially able.
- Stewardship impact on the rest of the year Calendar planning.
- Time for questions and reflections with presenters (via zoom chat).
- Olanda Carr- Senior Ministry Relations Officer with the Presbyterian Foundation
- Paul Grier – Vice President (Project Regeneration) with the Presbyterian Foundation
- Debbie Foster – Presbytery Leader & Stated Clerk, Foothills Presbytery
- Gordon Raynal – Associate Stated Clerk, Foothills Presbytery
- Stan Reid – Treasurer, Foothills Presbytery
- Dennis Lathum – Chair, Stewardship and Finance Foothills
- Warren Templeton – Operations & Bookkeeping, Foothills Presbytery
- Emily Marr – Business Administrator, First Presbyterian Anderson, SC
Date(s) - Apr 16, 2020
12:00 pm - 1:30 pm