Sexual Ethics Team
Composition: 6 persons elected by Foothills Presbytery.
The Sexual Ethics Team shall work with other entities of the Presbytery in dealing with matters regarding sexual ethics and misconduct.
Under the guidance of the Holy Spirit…
- Train committee members in issues regarding sexual ethics and misconduct.
- Recommend changes in the Foothills Presbytery Policy and Procedures on Sexual Misconduct (See Appendix IV) to the Presbytery.
- Train and form care teams as outlined in the Foothills Presbytery Policy and Procedures on Sexual Misconduct.
- Ensure that teaching elders serving in validated ministries in Foothills Presbytery acknowledge receipt of the Foothills Presbytery Policy and Procedures on Sexual Misconduct.
- Provide continuing education on sexual ethics and misconduct for teaching elders, educators, church professionals, congregations and sessions.
- Continually look for ways to think creatively about the areas of responsibility assigned to the team and when appropriate recommend and implement such changes within the structure of the Presbytery.